Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Free up Hard drive space.

If you're like me, you are pretty reckless with installing software-I swear, for me, linux was a pandora's box of free software.

Today when i installed the usual update from the ubuntu repositories... it told me that my hard drive was full....? All I had on my hard drive was my documents, no pictures, no music, no videos. I was shocked, and pretty upset.

Not to discourage anyone from buying an eee, I just recommend it as a second computer... Because everything you install or download adds up. (I believe the 8 gig eee is coming out soon, and they have hacked the eee to hold 20 gigs now).

But for those of you still using debian or ubuntu, might I recommend something to clear up some memory? This little code cleared up about a gig of archived packages located in var/cache/apt/archives/

sudo apt-get autoclean

Reboot the computer and you're done!

No comments: